L.A. Eco-Village is repairing its cob lizard bench on Sunday 8/21 from noon to 5. If you are interested in natural building, take this opportunity to observe and work with Ray Cirino, artist/inventor/ permaculturist, and mosaic artist, Lee Adams. Ray will be bringing his Sparky, the dragon pizza oven to the event http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPSq9_QA4m0 so bring a pizza or pizza toppings to enjoy from his very eco-friendly oven. AND, we'll also be doing a partial street closing with music and dancing in the street.
Come and have fun, even if you don’t have time to help.
But if you do, here’s the help needed:
- Schlepping tables, chairs to the street and/or
- Traffic control (we will be closing off half the street) and/or
- Take a turn as pizza chef (this is really simple and training provided) and/or
- Bring acoustic musical instruments to make music in the street and/or
- Setting up shade canopies if needed and/or
- Staffing a sign-in and info table for Echo Park Time Bank and L.A. Eco-Village
Come for an hour, a few hours or the whole event. Time Dollars paid for how many hours you spend helping (for Echo Park Time Bank members http://www.echoparktimebank.com)
Note that Ray’s Dragon Pizza Oven is also available for events and parties.
Contact: Lois Arkin, 213/738-1254, firstname.lastname@example.org
Location of event: 131 Bimini Place, LA 90004 (one block east of Vermont between First and Second Streets